Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wrapped up in books

I've had this dream of making book of some kind, just for myself. It could be just drawing, art journaling or even a self-made fairytale with cute pictures. Here a few books I found for my inspiration.

I heart the Arctic Mini Book found here. I like the way its drawn and the idea of the translucent pages in between.

Beautiful fabric journals by Anne Julie Aubry. In her blog Ma petite theire you can find more of these and other paintings by her. I love these so much. The colors, her style, the fabricks. Just magical.

Such a inspiring book from Ruth Ashton called Monsters of the Household variety. Found here in Anthropologie (via all the mountains). I really suggest visiting the page, there you can by moving the mouse over the pictures see all the cute little details in the pages.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second book. Keep us posted on your new book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wanted to write a book, but i feel like i would have no idea where to start. these books are gorgeous! i hope you make your dream come true :)

    ReplyDelete